To have a sweet disposition...
A moment, a love
A dream aloud
A kiss, a cry
Our rights, our wrongs
A moment, a love
A dream aloud
A moment, a love
A dream aloud
OK yeah its something people may have heard around and about, maybe just a slight cliché (lyrics are from Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap), it surprises me how lyrics hit me sometimes. Maybe I'm not patient enough to really connect suitably with poetry in the way that I can with a novel. Maybe I ought to give it a try.
Regrets are a funny thing. I suppose I'm guilty of looking back on the past with regret, because it did contain good times. Moving on isn't the easiest but I'm kind of holding onto the fact that its due to being stuck without a job in the middle of nowhere. Do I regret leaving my job? No, despite the hardships it has caused, and looking back it does seem strange in these economic times, and a daft, selfish decision. But you can't play out every scenario, and choose the one that suits the best. Though perhaps careful thought before hand should help! Also the knowledge that there right route is out there is a good one.
I suppose at the heart of this is a conversation with a mate of mine a few weeks ago now. I forget exactly why but the crux of it was that there are three things that you wish for your friends; a nice place to live, a job you enjoy and a good relationship. I guess that is the path that all of us want to travel and its that search that motivates us all. The good things in life, a quiet meal, good conversation.
Sumac, conkers and not quite in time for sunset.
18 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment