There's a point that everything makes sense. I was reminded recently of a conversation I had with an old friend of mine; we worked together for a bit and maybe didn't always see eye to eye. But as well as our set of three ideas of happiness we also chatted about work. I have the one thing he stressed was the gut-feeling, you know what is right for you. This point is true – you know what you want and what is the right course. If something, like a job, is presented to you on a plate then if its wrong, you know. That means you know the course you need to take, I'm guilty of not doing that; very guilty.
However, there is one further point that we made which is that if you try and force the situation then there is a good chance you could wind up with something wrong. Bide your time, have patience and confidence; you know what you want and what is right for you – don't compromise! Think about your decisions with regard to what you are! Me? Naïve? Certainly. A fool? Absolutely. Incurable romantic? Definitely.
Sumac, conkers and not quite in time for sunset.
18 hours ago
If there's one thing I've learned it's the things that come naturally (not easily) that are most often right. If something like a relationship has to be worked on to the point where we put more in than we get out then it's probably not meant to be.
ReplyDeleteYour above post is also where the 'gut feeling' you referred to earlier comes into play. 'Course if you're like me the heart always seems to over-ride it, which is where things can get complicated and 'buggered up'.