No really I don't. Because it sums a lot of things up maybe. So in short yes I went speed dating tonight - it was fun I guess but hardly earth shattering. Would I recommend it? Probably not but I'd say do it if you want.
But first, I stopped off on my way to writing this at a life of perfect days and read the post Soul connections. It sums up so much so well. Please read it.
So that's the easy bit out of the way. Now to come over all Carrie Bradshaw... I suppose the thing with speed dating is that it always shows you up for who you are. I am a fairly well-educated white middle-class guy with a good view on his future. I guess that I know what I'm looking for in my life, and boy did I not find it at this gig. But there's also a bit of me that feels slightly ashamed of thinking that way. But its who I am and I'm not sure I really want to change it, I think I may quite like it - I'd like to be Hugh Grant or Michael Palin, but I've heard that those jobs have already been taken. I've cut what was here as it sounded quite harsh, maybe too harsh.
But, and I guess that this is the thing; we're all searching for that connection. Can you find it though speed dating, I'm not so sure. I guess I'd be the first to ask whether you can find it through traditional dating, but maybe I'm just not someone who has been on enough dates to find out. Which is not a fine thing, but I guess I'm not generating enough interest to get those dates in the first place. So as the man says pick the bones out of that one. I guess I look back on it and realise that I just don't have the luck sometimes, or maybe I'm too picky, but surely that's my prerogative?
I say this almost while cracking my knuckles looking furtively over at Match.com which has hardly been a rich source - replies are really not flooding in. Maybe I'm just at the point of saying right I need a dating doctor/actually going out and hiring hitch. I still wonder about this. Before you ask, this isn't a kneejerk to speed dating, its a fairly longstanding consideration. It's why I booked myself on the aborted flirting class.
Just writing about this it occurred to me that those that can do, those that can't write about it.
Souvenirs, pest control and rain later.
4 days ago
Dating & relationships can be quite the challenge. I mean even when you're in a relationship it could sometime be odd. I spent 5 years with someone who I thought I knew with all my & his being. The person I dated for that period of time, isn't the person I know now.
ReplyDeleteIts different for every individual, I speak of the connection as human beings we seek. But your time will come :) Hopefully mine does too lolol