Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Love... Actually....

This is a bit self-gratuitous, I apologise... I finally watched Love Actually the other week and it pulled at my heart strings just a little bit. One really nice scene (there is another that gets me every time, though I'm not going to reveal it...), the trouble with those things is that they always make you feel warm and fluffy then you remember the real world rather than the Richard Curtis inspired one which sadly isn't quite as nice... So on with my hackneyed view of the world. Misguided? Maybe, well-meaning? Hopefully always...

The first is here when Mark "talks" to Juliet with the carol singers backing. I just adore the phrasing of:

"But for now let me say,
without hope or agenda,
Just because its Christmas -
(and at Christmas you tell the truth)
To me, you are perfect

And my wasted heart will love you
Until you look like this:
Merry Christmas

Ok enough, enough now."

Maybe we all have these moments occasionally.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this Jon, it's great to see this side of you.

    Thanks for your last comment on my blog! I hope you're doing well my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG are you freakin kidding me?!??!! That's my favorite quote of that movie. After my break up with the ex, that's what I wrote on his Christmas card.

    I spent watching that movie for a whole month straight. Definitely one of my favorites <3

    ReplyDelete