Its all about the little steps. The little mini-wins that encourage us along the way - its something I've talked about a great deal in the lab that I used to work in. Particularly how things around us can make us feel stupid and that can have a massive impact. These things can be what we're being asked to do at work, pressures at home or the state of a relationship. Any of them we can deal with individually but the combination of all of them can cause problems.
But recovering from them requires a set of steps to get things back in check - dealing with everything at once is a bit difficult. My own set of steps are progressing - my fitness is back in check, I've passed my PhD (well near enough) and it looks like I'm back on the job front as it looks like everything is sorted out.
Does it feel right, I don't know but it is forwards not back. Can't quite seem to quell the nerves though. I suppose that's normal though, just a case of wait and see!
Sumac, conkers and not quite in time for sunset.
18 hours ago
Hey Jon, that's really encouraging to hear! Yes the nerves are normal, they come with change and the uncertainty that some situations bring.
ReplyDeleteI think you just need to be patient and things will play out as they should. Keep them in check yes, but I'm sure it'll all turn out for you.
And congrats on the PhD, very impressive.
Thanks! Its been a hectic couple of weeks, not quite over yet. I'm moving back to my old city; different department, different job though. Its going to be an interesting ride but a good one!
ReplyDelete