Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Filler

What is does filler mean? Filling in time between things, filling in the picture. So the first one - I have to say that its been a bit of a surprise mainly to myself but its astonishing what fitness can do. More to the point how you can get there; I've always avoided putting pictures of myself on here as my view of this blog is one that is personal but not in some kind of way that is absolute...

But fitness is an odd one - maybe 3 or 4 years ago I was about 90kg, for those that count a bmi of 29.2. I started working out to try and get into shape; 6 months ago I was 80kg (26.0). I'm currently about 74kg (24.0) and that will be about that. But blimey its been hard work, since I lost (well left) my job I've been in the gym 6 days a week for about 2 hours. Its one of those points that probably looks like I've overtrained slightly - its probably true but it feels good to have got the weight off (and its amazing the amount its quietened my snoring, not totally but its getting better! Has to be said that personal recorders are wonderful devices).

There's always the worry that what was essentially filler time becomes permanent, but one thing for sure is that I don't want to lose what I've worked hard to get back. Just need to keep the balance!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing. Good for you! It's always nice to hear about people getting back in shape. Very inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was something I never quite believed possible - given how much I hated exercise, especially running, when I was younger. But set you're mind to it and it amazing what you can do!

    ReplyDelete