So a new post, and its taken a while... This one isn't anything particularly earth-shattering just a couple of revelations. Especially around why I hate some phrases and what I'm up to right now.
So where am I? There's a question, the answer is the dating abyss - and I suppose its in direct contradiction to those fine people that tell you there's plenty more fish in the sea. Yeah I'm sure there are - but like fishing you need to go looking in the right places the sea is awfully big, and overfished... But a particular quotation from my ex-boss about cod springs to mind when I think about a lot of the other options.
So you might ask why is the man here prattling on? Well I guess its one of those things where everyone figures out what they're looking for in life. I know that I have, add up the things, take some more away and then you realise what you're left with and what you'd like to be left with.
So what am I doing you might ask, well having spent a bit of time, and a fair bit of money on internet dating and not got anywhere I've decided its time to take things a bit more seriously. I can't quite believe I'm saying this to the (portion of the) world that reads this blog, but I've admitted defeat and booked myself onto a flirting seminar later this month. To be honest I feel a bit of a loser for doing it, but I've been dateless for nearly a year, and before that a very good deal longer...
Therefore I shall throw myself into it, to be honest I find the whole internet dating thing a bit of a put off - meeting people is where its at, I'm just not having too much luck in that field right now. Maybe its time to pick my game up and actually do something about it. I say seminar its more of that kind of day session of just stopping and talking to people, which for me will be a good experience and maybe a bit of the push that I need. Because I do need a push, and as great as my friends are, and however much I enjoy their company I'm not going to get this level of pushing to get myself back somewhere near the dating game. Or in some way to actually get a dating game in the first place.
So we shall see how it goes!
Sumac, conkers and not quite in time for sunset.
18 hours ago
Very cool. This sounds like fun Jon, there's definitely an art to flirting but in time it may come naturally to you. I will say that the exchange is often exhilarating, and being single hopefully it'll lead to some dates for you. Let us know how it turns out!
ReplyDelete