... in an odd mood today (Sunday - Valentines...). I was out last night at a friend's houseparty and got home sometime this morning and eventually woke up in bed (and sleeping on the sofa for a while...) with a thumping hangover. A highly entertaining evening with a bit of guitar hero. My folks are heading up today to visit (I've been having some car problems and we're going to try and sort them...) so I rang them to confirm the time.
I found out that a member of the family had died. Whilst it wasn't a shock as they had been ill for a while. But when I was at my lowest last year it was an evening spent with him that persuaded me that I should pick myself up and that things weren't that bad. It didn't quite work but it started the process and I want to make every effort to attend his funeral.
But as I implied at the top its Valentines (granted not now but it was when I started the post). I thought being single for so long wouldn't make it tough this year. I was a bit wrong. I suppose it's thrown into sharp comparison because I've registered on a few internet dating sites. Spent part of party on saturday laughing about being single with a couple of guys in the loft (if you're wondering we were the only singles there...) and why none of us are especially enjoying it. I don't know, maybe its an age versus "decent" relationship ratio. Sounds daft I know!
Apologies small cut on the post from earlier, I wasn't going to hit post on it then did; the last paragraph was a result of ramblings just in from work, trying to sort out flights. My apologies, normal service to be resumed!
Sumac, conkers and not quite in time for sunset.
18 hours ago
Hang in there Jon, things will turn around for you. I know it. I think you should stick with any options that might allow you to meet people. How about phone dating? It's how I met Sandy.
ReplyDelete