Saturday, 12 December 2009

Earworms Part VIII

Hot on the heels, as it were. A track I've been listening to a lot recently, an awful lot in fact. Its also not in English which adds to the fun. 'Inní mér syngur vitleysingur' ('Within me a lunatic sings') from the Sigur Ros album 'Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust' ('With a Buzz in Our Ears We Play Endlessly'). I simply adore the song, I think its just beautiful. That was before I took a bit of time to look up the lyrics I was going to put the translation but decided against it (its HERE if you were wondering...) - but like I've said with many of this series there lyrics that touched me and I wish that I could have written something similar as its a really great expression!

On a note though supposedly vitleysingur is lunatic but something a little more gentle, more silly rather than lunatic. But wonderful song.

No comments:

Post a Comment