Thursday, 26 November 2009

Earworms Part VI

A special song this one. Hypnotic, brilliant, for me one of the whole packages. Not just the song itself but the setting, especially in this video. I saw Radiohead live last year and they played Everything in its Right Place as part of the set. Live it is thrilling, doubly so with the light show - seeing the scrolling text in the bars was rather mesmerising. The use of electronics (Kaoss pads and delay pedals modifying the sampled vocals) I find fascinating, just for the whole atmosphere it creates!

The tram crash on the way home was less pleasurable, a minor derailment that brought down a couple of poles and very nearly hit Cafe Nero - I remember looking round to see a sign embedded in the door and thinking best not go out that way. But in a way added to the experience, thankfully everyone was fine - but it certainly made a talking point of the gig. This live footage is from Reading this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment