I couldn't get very far into this little idea without mentioning this track. Its one that I've listened to over and over - especially travelling as the whole album has such a chilled out vibe - plus Trevor Lawrence's sax playing sounds so good! anyway the track is T Plays It Cool from the Trouble Man soundtrack by Marvin Gaye. I'll be the first to admit that I've never seen the film, and that I only heard the track through a mix CD in the Another Late Night series by Fila Brazilia (Some details... although the allmusic review makes very interesting reading!)
Sumac, conkers and not quite in time for sunset.
18 hours ago
I've never heard of that movie, but there aren't too many as smooth as Marvin Gaye.
ReplyDeleteI also like Smokey Robinson and Luther Vandross.
I have to admit I've never seen the film myself - reviews I've read haven't been great but I'd thoroughly recommend the soundtrack!
ReplyDelete